Hero Image

Industrial Dermatitis Claims

Dermatitis government help and benefits


Dermatitis government help and benefits

Dermatitis is a reportable disease under RIDDOR (Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations) which requires employers and self-employed people to report cases of occupational diseases linked with exposure at work to specified hazards.

Dermatitis is also one of the ‘prescribed diseases’ that qualifies for Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (IIDB). This is a weekly payment made to people who are suffering from certain diseases listed in regulations issued by the Secretary of State. IIDB covers more than 70 illnesses, but you can’t claim if you were self-employed.

You can get more information about what you may be entitled to and how to claim IIDB by calling the Department for Work and Pensions Benefit Enquiry Line on 0800 882 200 or visiting the gov.uk website.

Benefit entitlement starts from the date you contacted the DWP, not the date you contracted the disease or got a diagnosis, so it's important not to delay calling them.

The British Association of Dermatologists have their own website with useful information and the National Eczema Society can also provide more information about the condition and help you locate support groups throughout the UK.

Who we work with

Our Accreditations