Hero Image

Occupational Asthma Claims

How do I make an occupational asthma claim


How do I make an occupational asthma claim

If you think your employer hasn’t complied with the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations, ignored the Approved Code of Practice (ACoP) relating to occupational asthma, or failed to protect your health and safety at work, you should first seek medical advice and then contact a specialist law firm such as Access Legal.

These claims can be complex and demanding, so it's important that your legal team specialise in this work and have good, established, relationships with the appropriate medical and other experts whose evidence will be crucial to your claim.

Getting medical help is not only essential to determine what treatment and rehabilitation you might need, but also gives us the evidence we need to show that you have a recognised and diagnosed condition on which to proceed with your claim.

For a claim to have any prospect of success there needs to be a diagnosis and a causative link between the condition and the nature of your work, irrespective of any pre-existing medical conditions. There are strict time limits within which you must claim, but if successful your claim will help compensate for any loss of earnings, especially if you cannot return to work.

It is sometimes possible to get legal advice through your trades union, which may have arrangements in place with a specified panel solicitor. You are not obliged to use the firm proposed and can ask any law firm to represent you in these cases.

Who we work with

Our Accreditations