Occupational Asthma Claims

Occupational asthma government help and benefits


Occupational asthma government help and benefits

There are a number of state benefits available to people suffering from occupational asthma. Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (IIDB) provides for payment of weekly benefits to people who are suffering from certain diseases contracted in the course of certain types of employment.

These diseases are referred to as 'prescribed diseases' and are listed in regulations issued by the Secretary of State. The scheme covers more than 70 illnesses, including asthma, chronic bronchitis and emphysema, but you can’t claim IIDB if you were self-employed.

You can get more information about what you may be entitled to and how to claim IIDB by calling the Department for Work and Pensions Benefit Enquiry Line on 0800 882 200 or visiting the gov.uk website.

Benefit entitlement starts from the date you contacted the DWP, not the date you contracted the disease or got a diagnosis, so it's important not to delay calling them. You may also be entitled to Disability Living Allowance if you need assistance with personal care or getting around.

Who we work with

Our Accreditations