Tenosynovitis Claims

Tenosynovitis government help and benefits


Tenosynovitis government help and benefits

An independent body called The Industrial Injuries Advisory Council (IIAC) advises the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions on whether a disease should be included in the list of ‘prescribed diseases’ (of which there are presently around 70) and therefore whether anyone who suffers from such a condition is entitled to help from the Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit Scheme (IIDB).

The latest IIAC report published in June 2015 says that it can find no evidence to support adding tenosynovitis or any specific occupational exposure to the list of prescribed diseases for which Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit is paid.

There have been many recent changes to benefits, such as personal independent payments (PIP) gradually replacing disability living allowance, but in general government support is still either means-tested, based on current income and savings, or based on the National Insurance (NI) contributions and an assessment of the level of your disability.

Government help and benefits for tenosynovitis therefore is restricted to those based upon the nature and the severity of the disability you experience as a result of suffering tenosynovitis, not the disease itself. To find out exactly what you are entitled to, speak to your lawyer or trades union representative or visit your local Jobcentre Plus. Other useful sources of help and information include Arthritis Research UK.

Who we work with

Our Accreditations