Hero Image

Breach of Covenant

I have a problem tenant What should I do


I have a problem tenant. What should I do?

A landlord of a property faced with a defaulting tenant should consider serving a notice on the tenant. A tenant would be 'defaulting' if they failed to pay their rent.

The law relating to notices changed extensively in 2015. Consequently we would always advise clients to use the services of a solicitor when drafting notices. The most common reason for the failure of proceedings in the county court is invalid notices.

Who we work with

Our Accreditations