Hero Image

General Medical Problem Claims

How do I make a claim about general medical problems


How do I make a claim about general medical problems

In general we'll need to obtain copies of your medical records, witness evidence (i.e. Statements from you and/or family members) and evidence from independent medical experts to establish whether or not you have received sub-standard care and if so, whether you have suffered injury as a result of that sub-standard care.

If the evidence obtained indicates that you have received substandard care then we would normally go on to obtain expert medical evidence addressing what treatment you might need now and in the future. We would also then normally begin to look at what potential financial losses, you may have suffered as a result of the negligence, such as lost earnings if your return to work has been delayed or you cannot return to work, and the costs of whatever help and support you may need as a result of the negligence.

All this takes time, but this information is vital to allow us to recover the appropriate amount of compensation to which you're entitled. The stance of the other side can also sometimes affect the time a claim takes to settle. Sometimes, the other side might accept our independent medical evidence and our valuation of the case. In these circumstances, claims will generally settle more quickly than in cases where liability is denied.

Claims can often be settled through negotiation even sometimes if liability is denied by the other side, but some can and do go to trial. We will always aim to settle your case as soon as possible, but Access Legal's priority is to ensure that we achieve the best possible outcome for you based on the evidence.


Who we work with

Our Accreditations