Hero Image

General Medical Problem Claims

More about general medical problems


More about general medical problems

You have a right to complain if you are dissatisfied with the medical treatment that you have received and the right to make a claim for compensation if you have been injured by negligent medical treatment. It is entirely possible to make a formal complaint at the same time as investigating a legal claim. Each process has its own specific time limits and therefore you should seek appropriate help and guidance as soon as it is practicable to do so.

 In terms of making a complaint, whether your treatment was NHS or private, your complaint should ideally be made within six months (12 months if treatment is ongoing). Every NHS hospital should have a complaints procedure. Details of who to write to, time limits for providing responses, etc., can often be found on the Hospital's own website. If your treatment was private, then the complaint would usually be made directly to the doctor involved and who provided your care. If you are unhappy with the outcome of a complaint made to a hospital then you can turn to the independent Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.

 As mentioned above, complaints about private medical treatment should usually be made directly to the clinician involved. Some private hospitals are members of the Association of Independent Healthcare Organisations which encourages members to acknowledge a complaint within two days of it being made and make a full written response within 20 working days.

 Our expert team at Access Legal has the necessary expertise and experience required to deal with these sorts of claims. Where substandard medical treatment can be proven, our team can help you to recover the compensation to which you are entitled as a result of any injuries which you have suffered as a result of that substandard care. In appropriate circumstances we can also help you in obtaining the explanations you seek in relation to your medical care, even if you have already gone through the complaints process.

Who we work with

Our Accreditations