Andrea joined Shoosmiths in September 2009 as an Associate Solicitor in the clinical negligence department.
Andrea works on a wide range of diverse cases across clinical negligence, including cases arising from vascular injuries, delayed diagnosis of cancer, gynaecological procedures affecting women’s fertility and birth injuries affecting mothers and children, orthopaedic injuries and infection.
- Mrs Chaudhry deceased- This was a claim against Northampton General Hospital for delayed diagnosis of breast cancer which led to the early death of Mrs Chaudhry. The claim was for the pain and suffering of Mrs Chaudhry before she died and a claim for financial losses for her and her husband and children.
- Mrs Quadling- A claim was brought against Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation trust for the negligent insertion of a placebo contraceptive device which led to the birth of twins. Mrs Quadling recovered compensation for loss of earnings and pain and suffering.
- Mrs Meehan- Recovered compensation for delay in diagnosing and treating necrotising faciitis aginst Heart Of England Foundation Trust. She was compensated for loss of earnings, changes to her home, childcare and for pain and suffering now and in the future.
Testimonials from clients
- Paul Cockerton - Very impressive service, as much in the manner with which it was handled, as getting the best result for us
- Mrs Meehan –I just wanted to say a huge thank you to you and all your team from myself and my family you have made a massive difference to our lives.
- Mr Chaudhry – As I got the best possible service, I have no idea how you can improve your service. I am 100% behind the service I received. From the start to finish I/we were updated on what was going to happen.
- Mrs Coles- Genuine empathy and interest in the case and in my daughter as a"real" person and not just a source of income
Prior to joining Shoosmiths, Andrea was an Associate Solicitor with a previous firm. Andrea graduated with a Law degree from Manchester University prior to training as a solicitor. She is also a panel member of AvMA.
Outside of work, Andrea also enjoys walking her dog, gardening , street church , learning to play the piano, pilates and reading.
"Just wanted to say a huge thank you to you and all your team from myself and my family, you have made a massive difference to our lives." - Mrs Y Meehan
- LL.B. (Hons) in Law (Manchester University)