Hero Image

Stillbirth Compensation Claims

Michelle's Story

If I have a stillbirth case


If I have a stillbirth case

If Access Legal can prove that the stillbirth was a result of sub-standard care during pregnancy or during the birth of your baby, you may have a case for making a claim. 

The death of any child under the age of 18 must be reported to the Coroner and reviewed by a Child Death Overview Panel on behalf of the Local Safeguarding Children Board.

However, there is no legal requirement for an inquest to be held in stillbirth cases, although many more Coroners are insisting that such deaths be reported to them.

Stillbirth claims are challenging to deal with, both legally and emotionally. We appreciate that the circumstances that made you contact Access Legal will be very distressing, but our experts will support you every step of the way. If we feel you may have a negligence claim, you can rest assured that you are in the care of one of the very best clinical negligence teams in the UK.

Who we work with

Our Accreditations