Hero Image

Special Educational Needs Law

Finlay's Story

How to get changes to my childs Statement or Plan


How to get changes to my child's Statement or Plan?

Many parents approach us when they are trying to secure amendments to their child's SEN Statement or EHC plan, particularly increased provision or a different school place. There are a number of ways to do this including negotiating with your Local Authority, supporting and advising through your child's annual review, assisting when your child's Statement goes through the transfer process to an Education, Health and Care plan or through an appeal to the SEN Tribunal.

Access Legal have expertise in complex cases and assisting clients through Tribunal appeals to secure additional therapies and a change in school/college place, including for independent specialist placements.

Our education solicitors discuss each client's situation, what they hope to achieve and then advise them on the best way to proceed. We are transparent about the costs for our advice and always focus on negotiating where possible, as this can resolve issues more quickly, as well as being more cost effective. Please do not hesitate to call us to discuss your concerns around education and associated provision.

Who we work with

Our Accreditations