Hero Image

Trust Disputes

If I can dispute a trust or claim against it


If I can dispute a trust or claim against it

Disappointed beneficiaries (those who thought they would inherit something from the will but got nothing or not as much as they were expecting) have up to six months to make a claim after the Grant of Probate is issued using the Inheritance Act 1975, or to make a claim of proprietary estoppel if their dispute concerns the inheritance of property or land they believed they were promised.

However, a disappointed beneficiary may also wish to challenge the conduct or competency of an executor or personal representative or trustee. There may be disputes about how 'mis-management' by the executor, personal representative or trustee in dealing with the estate assets (property, monies, investments etc) is causing a beneficiary to suffer a loss.

Who we work with

Our Accreditations