Multiple Injury & Broken Bone Claims

multiple injuries and broken bones government help and benefits


multiple injuries and broken bones government help and benefits

Government help and benefits are available if you have suffered multiple injuries of broken bones in a car accident, however, your eligibility for any assistance and entitlement to any benefits will depend entirely on the type and severity of the injuries you have suffered, not the nature of the accident that caused them.

To find out exactly what you are entitled to, visit your local Jobcentre Plus or other useful sources of help and information such as the Citizens Advice Bureau. Charities such as RoadPeace also offer support and information for all road crash victims.

In general, government support is either means-tested, based on your current income and savings, or based on your National Insurance contributions and an assessment of the level of your disability as a consequence of your injuries. Means-tested benefits include income-related employment and support allowance, Universal Credit, housing benefit and council tax support.

Benefits based on assessment of your disability can include personal independence payment and industrial injuries disablement benefit as well as help to buy or hire mobility equipment and ‘blue badge’ disabled parking entitlement. If you need a carer to look after you, you may be able to claim additional support.

Who we work with

Our Accreditations