Hero Image

Carbon Monoxide Posioning Compensation Claims

government help and benefits for victims of carbon monoxide poisoning


government help and benefits for victims of carbon monoxide poisoning

Your eligibility for benefits will depend entirely on the nature and severity of the injuries you suffered as a result of exposure to the deadly gas.

If you are a tenant, your landlord has been legally required to install working smoke and carbon monoxide alarms in the property as from 01 October 2015. A carbon monoxide alarm must be located in any room containing a solid fuel burning appliance or any other identified 'high risk' locations.

If you were exposed to carbon monoxide by a negligent employer or landlord, it’s likely that a personal injury claim will have been successful. If that is the case it is wise to set up a personal injury trust that will protect your pay-out award while maintaining your entitlement to means-tested state benefits.

To find out exactly what government help and benefits you may be entitled to, visit your local Jobcentre Plus. Other useful sources of help and information include the Citizens Advice Bureau.

That support will either be based on current income and savings, or on your National Insurance contributions and an assessment of the level of your disability.

Benefits could include income-related employment and support allowance, housing benefit, council tax relief, personal independence payment and industrial injuries disablement benefit as well as help to buy or hire any specialist equipment you may need.

Who we work with

Our Accreditations