Hero Image

Carbon Monoxide Posioning Compensation Claims

how do I make a claim about carbon monoxide poisoning


how do I make a claim about carbon monoxide poisoning

If you suspect that you have been a victim of carbon monoxide poisoning, see your GP immediately and then get legal advice from a solicitor specialising in industrial disease and injury claims.

If the exposure took place at home, get your appliance checked by a qualified engineer. It may be possible to make a claim against the original installer, particularly if the engineer used was not Gas Safe registered.

If the exposure took place at work, gather evidence about any risk assessment and monitoring your employer undertook to eliminate the risk completely or reduce it to the lowest possible level.

An employer is legally required to do all that is reasonably practicable to eliminate and reduce problems at source, ensuring that defects in safety, ventilation and exhaust equipment is repaired immediately.

If you can prove, on the balance of probabilities, that you've suffered injury or illness as a result of the negligence of somebody else, you could have a claim for remuneration against them.

Claims may also be made against a number of organisations and individuals such as local councils, landlords, housing associations, hotel owners, caravan park proprietors and public house landlords.

Providing your injury or illness was caused by your exposure to carbon monoxide and the person or company who allowed you to come into contact with the gas was negligent, then your claim should succeed.

Who we work with

Our Accreditations