We promise that someone will get back to you to talk through your situation and explain how we can help. You can expect to hear back from us within two working hours and certainly no later than 10 am on the next working day.
Sorry, there are a few problems with the information you have entered. Please correct these before continuing.
Your submission has been received. We'll be in touch soon.
Before determining what you need to make a successful claim, you should first confirm with your GP that you are indeed suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.
This is important, since the signs of carbon monoxide poisoning are often confused with other ailments such as food poisoning or flu, but without running a temperature or fever.
Common signs of carbon monoxide poisoning include headaches, nausea or vomiting, dizziness, stomach pains, difficulty breathing and a feeling or tiredness or confusion.
The higher the levels of carbon monoxide, the more severe the symptoms. These may include acting as if intoxicated, the feeling that the room is spinning, a loss of physical co-ordination, tachycardia (a heart rate of more than 100 beats per minute), seizures and muscle spasms.
The longer you are exposed to carbon monoxide at any level the worse any symptoms will be. You may lose balance, vision and memory. Eventually, you may lose consciousness. In cases where there are very high levels of carbon monoxide, death may occur within minutes. Certain people are affected by carbon monoxide poisoning more quickly than others. At particular risk are babies and young children, pregnant women and those with pre-existing heart or breathing problems. Pets may also be the first to show signs of carbon monoxide poisoning. In fact, the smaller an animal or a person is, the faster carbon monoxide fumes will affect them.