Children's School Accident Claims

Accidents at school government help and benefits


Accidents at school government help and benefits

Government help and benefits are available if your child has been injured in an accident at school, but such assistance will usually be given to the parents of guardian of that child. It is the type, likely duration and severity of your child’s injuries, not the nature of the accident itself, that will determine what level of government support, such as carer’s allowance, might be available.

If your child was 16 or over when the accident happened and has a long-term health condition or disability that means they cannot live independently, it may be possible to claim Personal Independence Payment.

If your child was under 16 at the time of the accident and requires more care or supervision than other children their age because of their injuries, it may be possible to claim Disability Living Allowance.

Government benefits and support will either be means-tested or based on an assessment of your child’s injuries and their needs. To find out exactly what you are entitled to, visit your local Jobcentre Plus. Other useful sources of help and information include the Citizens Advice Bureau. More details of local and central government support for parents of disabled children can be found on the Gov.UK website. Charities such as Scope can also provide useful information.

Who we work with

Our Accreditations