Hero Image

Children's Road Accident Claims

How do I make a claim about a road traffic accident RTA


How do I make a claim about a road traffic accident (RTA)

Choosing the right solicitor for your case is essential. Ideally you should instruct a firm that is expert in both personal injury claims and claims involving children. The solicitor who did your will or conveyancing may well have been competent, but the same firm may not be experienced enough in these potentially complex child personal injury cases.

Similarly you are not obliged to use a law firm appointed by your motor, home or any other legal expenses insurance if you feel they too do not have the expertise or experience to deal with your case effectively and sympathetically.

Our immediate priority at Access Legal will be the health and well-being of your child. If needed we can arrange the correct medical assessment and early treatment, often obtaining interim payments from the other side to fund any medical attention before the claim proper has even begun. We may also arrange for medical experts to assess your child’s injuries and prepare comprehensive reports in order to properly value the claim.

With any road traffic accident claim, especially those involving children, it is unwise to assume that an obvious injury is the full extent of the damage. In some cases, the symptoms of far more severe physical or behavioural problems may not become apparent until weeks or months after the accident.

That’s why your chosen solicitors need both the expertise and patience to handle claims like these, usually on a No-Win-No-Fee basis.

Who we work with

Our Accreditations