if I have grounds for making a military injury claim

if I have grounds for making a military injury claim


Since the Crown Proceedings (Armed Forces) Act 1987, serving or retired  members of the military may make a military injury claim provided the  injuries suffered  happened during the course of service while serving in the armed forces in the UK or overseas.

If the above conditions apply, you could make a military injury claim for compensation.  You may have already made a claim under the ‘no-fault’ Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (AFCS) which covers all regular and reserve personnel whose injury, ill health or death was caused by their service on or after 06 April 2005.

Claiming under this scheme would not prevent you making a military injury claim against the MoD through the civilian courts in cases of bullying or assault for example.   However, any award the civilian court made for damages would most likely deduct the sum already awarded in compensation by the AFCS as the law does not allow you to recover compensation twice.

We can guide you through the whole process and can often get interim awards of compensation to deliver the early practical and ongoing support you need and deserve. We also have established partnerships with leading treatment and rehabilitation providers.  Forces charities, such as Forces in the Community (with whom Access Legal works closely) can also help give you the immediate help you require.

Who we work with

Our Accreditations